The Pacific School Foundation contributes directly to support the Life Lab, Music, Theater and Visual Arts, Classroom Grants and the Library programs at Pacific Elementary School, a public school in Davenport California.
This school garden program teaches students Life Science and raises food used in the cafeteria. PSF pays for the entire Life Lab program.
Classroom Grants and Teacher Appreciation gifts
When teachers need supplies to support the curriculum, they can ask PSF for help. We raise money to give gifts to teachers and staff at the end of the year.
Music, Theater, and Visual Arts
PSF pays for all of the costs to perform a school play every other year, and almost all of the costs of Orff music, instrumental music, and visual arts instruction. Pacific is one of few elementary schools in the county still maintaining an instrumental music program.
The School Library
Mondays are Library days at school. Students are able to checkout books to read at school to enjoy during choice reading time. PSF pays for all staff, books, supplies and library computer system management for the school library.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines (More details below)
- Pre-orders of the Pacific School Yearbook for 2022-2023 school year are closed. Pre-ordering ended on May 1st and the yearbooks have been given to the teachers. If you’d like to order a yearbook, you can order them through Shutterfly. Click here to order a yearbook through Shutterfly.
- Next PSF Parents Meeting – Tuesday August 15th at 5:30pm via Zoom. List of all PSF meetings dates for the school year and link to meeting are here.
- Get ready for summer with our Buck a Book Book Fair – All books are $1 in this book fair run by the Pacific School Foundation. Set for after school Thursday May 25th and after school the last day of school, Friday May 26th.
- Come join our community for the Pacific School Old Fashioned 4th of July. More details below.
- Popcorn Wednesdays are back. Rain cancels popcorn! Freshly made organic popcorn made in coconut oil will be for sale every Wednesday to support the school. $1 per bag. Purchase a popcorn card for $5 or $10 to use during the school year. We accept cash, check, credit cards and contactless payments.
Old Fashioned 4th of July
Come support our amazingly fun old fashioned 4th of July fundraiser! It’s on Tuesday July 4th at 300 Big Creek Road (off Swanton Road), Davenport Ca 95017 from 12pm until 4pm.
Please bring one potluck item and a cake for the cake walk.
Its $2 entry fee, $2 hot dogs, $1 drinks, $1 potluck, $2 cake walk. All other games are free!
We will have lots of games including sac races, egg toss, pie eating contest, water balloons, and tug of war. Its fun for the whole family!
Also it’s for all Pacific school families and north coast locals only.
No dogs please.
School Spirit Day is every Thursday! Purchase Spirit Gear in the last 3 weeks of each month – year round
- Purchase Spirit gear to show your school spirit as well as support. Purchased shirts and sweatshirts, hats, and more will be printed by Bonfire and shipped directly to you and a portion of your purchase will help raise funds for the school.
- Spirit gear will be available for purchase for the last 3 weeks of each month. This upcoming batch of Spirit Gear will be available for purchase next starting on May 12th until May 31st at 9pm Pacific time. Bonfire will print and ship starting approximately on June 13th.
- Wear your school spirit gear on Thursdays which is School Spirit Day!
- Visit https://www.bonfire.com/pacific-school-davenport-ca/
Flower Fundraiser – Spring flower fundraiser is now closed! Thank you to all that made purchases at our Flower Power Website!
- A Flower fundraiser. For the gardener that wants to support Pacific Elementary school, purchase bulbs through our special fundraising page and 50% of your purchase will be donated towards our school programs not fully funded by the state and local governments. Order now and orders begin shipping April 1st. Websites are open until May 15th.
- Anyone in the continental US can order from them and have their order applied to the donation. The company that sells these items only ship to one address per order. Shipping fees are $6 per order. They do not ship to Alaska or Hawaii. Feel free to share with family and friends.
Bingo Night was Friday April 21st, 2023 from 5pm to 8pm
Thank you for joining us for a community family fun event! We raised over $7,000 to support our school! Thank you to our Bingo Night sponsors who are linked here.
Winners of the raffle that were not present have been contacted by Sarah.
A special thank you to
- PSF parents Sarah Wise Kauffman, Nanette Blackburn, and Samantha Rosasco for your hard work to make this a success!
- All our amazing donors without which we would be unable to provide such great prizes!
- All that sold or purchased raffle tickets and those that came to the event!
- Thank you to Companion Bakeshop for the donated pie slices and other treats!
Pacific School Yearbook Pre-orders are now Closed
Pre-order yearbooks for your Pacific School are now closed.
If you miss the pre-order period after May 1st, you can purchase the yearbooks directly from Shutterfly. Click here to order a yearbook through Shutterfly.
Yearbooks are ordered and have been distributed through the teachers.
Bid and Sip (formerly Art and Wine) Fundraiser was on Friday February 3rd, 2023 from 5:30pm to 8pm
- Thank you all for joining us for an evening of art, wine, bubbly nonalcoholic beverages, hors d’oeuvres made by FoodLab, and good times – for the best cause of all – our own Pacific School!
- We are still running the numbers, but it seemed like a good time was had by all!
- If you missed the event, but would like to purchase one of the custom Bid and Sip stemless wine glasses, you can! Wine glasses can be purchased in the school office for $10, cash or check made out to Pacific School Foundation.
- There were a few items that did not sell. Please check out this link. If you would like to make an offer on the items, please email president at pacificschoolfoundation.org.
Info for Bid and Sip
- You don’t even need a sitter because childcare is available at school for $10 per person for parents at the event. So grab some friends and get your tickets before this thing sells out.
- There will be a silent auction to bid on amazing local art, wine tastings, and more! You can buy beautiful hand-made crafts from Pacific School students. You can also try your luck at the mystery bag wine pull and take home some delicious wines.
- Child Care Available for Bid and Sip attendees: Violy and Pacific School alumni will be having a kid’s party at the school. Kids will make their own burritos, play games, and watch a movie. Childcare will be available in the MU at the school for $10 per child (ages 3-13).
- Our adult event is at the Beauregard Slow Coast Wine Bar right down the street from the back gate of the school in Davenport.
- An adult ticket include 2 glasses of wine, a 2023 Bid and Sip commemorative stemless wine glass, hors d’oeurves and desserts.
- Childcare available at the school for students of Bid and Sip attendees. Purchase a student ticket which includes dinner and a movie. Students will be on campus for dinner and a movie during the Bid and Sip event.
- Purchase your tickets now! It will sell out! If you are unable to go, gift a ticket to your favorite teacher or staff member!
- View some of the items for silent auction on this page.
- We are sold out of Adult tickets but you can join the wait-list! If you have purchased Bid and Sip adult tickets and need to purchase student dinner and movie tickets, please bring $10 per student to the school office.
- Join the wait-list. If any tickets become available, we will let you know! Email president at pacificschoolfoundation.org to get on the wait-list should more tickets become available.
For the 2022-2023 school year, we need $89 per student to pay for school programs that are not fully funded by the state and federal government. This is $15 per month, or approx. $.50 per day, for the school year. We know that every family is unable to fundraise this amount, but hope that all can contribute in some way towards fundraising for the school.
Your donation is tax deductible.
Please make checks out to Pacific School Foundation.
Pacific School Foundation 2022-2023 Fundraising goal to pay for Music, Theater, Visual Arts, LifeLab School Garden program, Teacher Appreciation gifts and Classroom Grants, and the library program.
Get involved: Come to our next PSF Meeting
PSF Meeting Dates for 2022-2023
For the 2022-2023 school year, we are meeting online via zoom. The next Meeting is on Tuesday February 7th at 5:30pm. Zoom link here.
If you’d like email reminders on the next meeting please join our google group. https://pacificesd.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d2d22175d44e7109e01df3053&id=9045aa60b9&e=cdf65639ef
- May 9 at 5:30pm
To continue to support the work of the Pacific School Foundation, please consider a direct tax deductible gift to the foundation. Or consider any of these ways of fundraising:
We have a variety of events and fundraisers that families can participate in. Our fundraising need to support the school is $89 per student or $15 per month. We understand that not every family can participate with each fundraiser monetarily. We need volunteers and donations for our Art and Wine event as well as Bingo night. To volunteer to support the school, click here. Click the tabs below for each event/fundraiser for help.
Extra 2022-2023 All School Pacific School Tea Towel are available for purchase in the school office
- All students, staff and teachers create a self portrait drawing and the drawings are combined to create one school tea towel. It makes a unique holiday gift.
- We raised $1,597 for the school in Fall 2021!
- A limited number of tea towels will be available for purchase with they arrive in December for $20 each.
Box Tops for Education – year round
- Download the BoxTops for Education app and scan your receipts and they will donate $.10 per participating items.
- Join me in earning cash for our school by using the Box Tops app. It’s an easy way to make a difference. All you have to do is buy Box Tops participating products (like Cheerios!) and scan your grocery receipt. Box Tops are worth $.10 each and they add up fast! Twice a year, our school receives a check to help pay for whatever we need – equipment, supplies or experiences the kids love!
- Use this referral code RBKE5CN6 (Select Pacific Elementary School for your school) when you sign up and you’ll get 25 Bonus Box Tops when you scan your first receipt now through 05/31/2023, while supplies last! Download the Box Tops for Education app here: https://btfe.smart.link/c2jjdifkw?referral_code=RBKE5CN6
- Not sure if you purchase any items that qualify, take a look at the list of participating products. https://www.boxtops4education.com/Participating-Products-Page
Support Pacific Elementary with Amazon Smile purchase
Look for PS the Foundation for our Future in Amazon smile and .5% of your purchase will go towards supporting the school. https://smile.amazon.com
Direct Donation to Pacific School Foundation
- Write a tax deductible check to Pacific School Foundation and bring it to the school office or mail to PSF PO Box 358, Davenport, CA 95017. PSF is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Readathon – Mar. 7th to Mar. 28th, 2023
- The Readathon from March 7th to 28th, students or their parents will read books each day and keep track of the number of books! Ask for pledges of family and friends to support the students reading and donate to support the school library. More info. here: Readathon Info.
- Keep track of your books read with your Readathon Pledge sheet
Chipotle Fundraiser – was Sunday April 24, 2022 from 4pm to 8pm. Pool Party scheduled from 3pm to 6pm.
- Chipotle Fundraiser: 30% of order will go towards the school. Show flyer in restaurant or us code KYVDK97 online from 4pm to 8pm. Pool Party nearby from 3pm to 6pm at Adventure Sports. Please sign up ahead of time for pool.
Grandparents and Special Friends in the Lifelab Garden in May
Grandparents and special friends are invited to join their students in the LifeLab for Tea and cookies courtesy of the FoodLab. Garden activities and treats from FoodLab. Ask your student’s teacher for more details. This fundraiser is for the LifeLab program which is fully funded by donations.
Drive for School Raffle Tickets have been returned to the Boardwalk for the big drawing! Thank you to all that have participated
Drive for Schools ticket sales are over for 2022. Together we raised an incredible $9,416.59 for the school year 2022-2023! Help us raise the same amount again this year to pay for the LifeLab, Library, Music, Theater, Visual Arts and Teacher grants. The big drawing is on Sunday October 23rd at 1pm. Your raffle tickets have a stub for free parking that day! Grand prize, sponsored by the Beach Boardwalk is again $25,000!!
Movie Night and Pizza from Uncie Ro’s scheduled for Friday October 28th from 6pm to 8:30pm
Movie Night is coming to Pacific School! Come join us for a movie. Pizza from Uncie Ro’s will be available for purchase from 6pm to 7pm. Movie starts at 7pm. Refreshments will be for sale. Popcorn, snacks, and more will be for sale during the movie. All proceeds from refreshments help support the school! Bring blankets, coats, chairs as we sit outside and enjoy a movie at school!
Community Event in November – Potato Night – A Pacific School Tradition Coming on November 4th, 2022 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Potato Night, A Pacific School Tradition
Friday November 4th 2022 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at Pacific Elementary School!
5:30pm – 6:30pm – Baked Potato Bar – Suggested donation $5 per person
6:30pm to 7:00pm – Potato Arts and Crafts
7:00pm to 7:30pm – Potato Dance Party
Come and decorate potatoes in this family fun Pacific School Tradition! This school-wide community building evening has baked potato bar, potato arts and crafts and a potato fashion show at 7:00pm! We will craft, we will dance and have some fun! This is an outdoor event. Donations welcome to cover the craft supplies cost.
We will have a baked potato bar with all the toppings for dinner for a donation based dinner. Come to school to enjoy an evening of potato fun! If you wish, you can dress up in Potato themed costumes!
If you missed Yearbook pre-orders, purchase directly from Shutterfly.
If you missed the pre-order deadline for yearbooks you can order Pacific School yearbooks directly from Shutterfly.
Home/Work Fundraiser was on Saturday November 5th in-store (1100 Soquel Ave. Santa Cruz, or online (shophomework.com)
- Thank you to all that participated! We raised
- Shop in-store 10am to 6pm or online and 15% of your purchase will help fund Pacific Elementary.
- Mention the fundraiser before checkout and help support your school!
Mission Street BBQ Fundraiser was Monday December 5th. Thank you to all who participated!
- Together we raised $228.10!
- Visit Mission Street BBQ at 1618 Mission St. Santa Cruz, CA 95060, on December 5th, mention the fundraiser and 15% of your purchase will help fund Pacific Elementary.
- Mention the fundraiser before checkout and help support your school!
- Show the flyer on your phone or in print, mention on the phone or in person that they are supporting the fundraiser or order online on our website for in store pick up, delivery, or curbside with the promo code PEROCKS.
- If you order online for pick up on December 5th, use the code PEROCKS in the PROMO CODE to ensure the order helps the school! You can pre-order up to a week advance.
- Here is the link to order: https://www.toasttab.com/missionstbbq/v3
Tax deductible donations will be billed as PS: The Foundation for our Future