The Pacific School Foundation fund contributes directly to support the Life Lab, Music, Theater and Visual Arts, Classroom Grants and the Library programs at Pacific Elementary School, a public school in Davenport California.
This school garden program teaches students Life Science and raises food used in the cafeteria. PSF pays for the entire Life Lab program.
Classroom Grants and Teacher Appreciation gifts
When teachers need supplies to support the curriculum, they can ask PSF for help. We raise money to give gifts to teachers and staff at the end of the year.
Music, Theater, and Visual Arts
PSF pays for all of the costs to perform a school play every other year, and almost all of the costs of Orff music, instrumental music, and visual arts instruction. Pacific is one of few elementary schools in the county still maintaining an instrumental music program.
The School Library
Mondays are Library days at school. Students are able to checkout books to read at school to enjoy during choice reading time. PSF pays for all staff, books, supplies and library computer system management for the school library.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines (More details below)
- Flower Power Fundraising – Order spring bulbs as gifts before May 25th. Orders start to ship starting April 1st. Https://www.flowerpowerfundraising.com/index.php/marketplace/seller/profile/shop/pacificschoolfoundation
- Next PSF Parents Meeting – Tuesday August 16th at 5:30pm via Zoom
For the 2021-2022 school year, we need $144 per student to pay for school programs that are not fully funded by the state and federal government. This is $24 per month for the school year.
Your donation is tax deductible.
Please make checks out to Pacific School Foundation.
Pacific School Foundation 2021-2022 Fundraising goal to pay for Music, Theater, Visual Arts, LifeLab School Garden program, Teacher Appreciation gifts and Classroom Grants, and the library program.
To continue to support the work of the Pacific School Foundation, please consider a direct tax deductible gift to the foundation. Or consider any of these ways of fundraising:
Bingo Night – Friday May 13th from 5pm to 8pm
Bingo Night was a huge success! Together we raised $10,577 from Bingo Night raffle tickets, food and games, and silent auction!
A special thank you to
- Uncle Ro’s Pizza and Companion Bakeshop for donating their time and delicious food to raise funds for the school!
- Adventure Sports for bingo supplies, drinks, advertising, and more!
- Bonnie Brunet and Martin Rist for their donation of the grand prize EV4 bike- Rocky Allen & Kasha Forgette were the lucky grand prize winners!
- PSF parents Emily Zimmel, Erin Lampel, Nanette Blackburn, and Samantha Rosasco for your hard work to make this a success!
- All our amazing donors without which we would be unable to provide such great prizes!
- All that sold or purchased raffle tickets and those that came to the event!
Winners of the raffle that were not present will be contacted by Emily.
Pacific School Yearbook pre-orders are now Closed
Pre-ordered yearbooks for your Pacific School are closed. The yearbooks have been ordered and they have been handed out to the students.
If you missed the pre-order deadline for yearbooks you can order Pacific School yearbooks directly from Shutterfly.
Flower Fundraiser – Happening NOW until 12pm on May 25th Online
- Flower fundraiser now until May 25. For the gardener that wants to support Pacific Elementary school, purchase bulbs through our special fundraising page and 50% of your purchase will be donated towards our school programs not fully funded by the state and local governments.
- Our spring bulb page will close on May 25. Online orders do not begin to ship starting April 1 in the order they are received.
- Sending a flower bulb order as a gift? The company that sells these bulbs for us only ship to one address per order if you are sending a gift. Shipping fees are $6 per order. They do not ship to Alaska or Hawaii. Feel free to share with family and friends.
Year Round Fundraising
These next fundraising tools can be done year round to support Pacific School.
School Spirit Day is every Thursday! Purchase Spirit Gear – year round
- Purchase Spirit gear to show your school spirit as well as support. Purchase shirts and sweatshirts will be printed. A portion of your purchase will help raise funds for the school.
- Wear your school spirit gear on Thursdays which is School Spirit Day!
- Visit https://www.bonfire.com/pacific-school-davenport-ca/
Box Tops for Education – year round
- Download the BoxTops for Education app and scan your receipts and they will donate $.10 per participating items.
- Join me in earning cash for our school by using the Box Tops app. It’s an easy way to make a difference. All you have to do is buy Box Tops participating products (like Cheerios!) and scan your grocery receipt. Box Tops are worth $.10 each and they add up fast! Twice a year, our school receives a check to help pay for whatever we need – equipment, supplies or experiences the kids love!
- Use this referral code EZ2G1907 when you sign up and you’ll get 20 Bonus Box Tops when you scan your first receipt now through 05/29/2022, while supplies last! Download the Box Tops for Education app here: https://btfe.smart.link/c2jjdifkw?referral_code=EZ2G1907
- Not sure if you purchase any items that qualify, take a look at the list of participating products. https://www.boxtops4education.com/Participating-Products-Page
Amazon Purchases – year round
- Make this page your homepage. Click on the Amazon affiliate link on this page and a percentage of your purchase will help support the foundation. Or if you purchase on Amazon Smile, select PS The Foundation for Our Future and 0.5% of your purchase will help the school, which is less than the affiliate link.
Direct Donation to Pacific School Foundation
- Write a tax deductible check to Pacific School Foundation and bring it to the school office or mail to PSF PO Box 358, Davenport, CA 95017. PSF is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
We have a variety of events and fundraisers that families can participate in. Our fundraising need to support the school is $144 per student or $24 per month. We understand that not every family can participate with each fundraiser monetarily. We need volunteers and donations for our Art and Wine event as well as Bingo night.
Drive for School Raffle Tickets – Thank you for all the participated this year!
Drive for Schools ticket sales are done for this year. It’s our biggest fundraiser of the year. Together we raised an incredible $10,318! This fundraiser will pay for the entire Life Lab school garden program for the year as well as part of the school library program!
Community Event in November – Potato Night – A Pacific School Tradition
Potato Night, A Pacific School Tradition
Friday November 5th 2021 from 6pm to 8pm at Pacific Elementary School!
Come and decorate potatoes in this family fun Pacific School Tradition! This school-wide community building evening has potato crafts and a potato fashion show at 7:30pm! We will craft, we will dance and have some fun! This is an outdoor event. Donations welcome to cover the craft supplies cost.
Due to covid, we will not be having a potato potluck. Please eat dinner first and come to school to enjoy an evening of potato fun! If you wish, you can dress up in Potato themed costumes!
2021-2022 Pacific School Tea Towel – limited quantity in the school office $20 each
- All students, staff and teachers create a self portrait drawing and the drawings are combined to create one school tea towel. It makes a unique holiday gift.
- We raised $1,597 for the school in Fall 2020!
- Orders are for pickup at school only. We have a select few tea towels available for purchase in the office for $20 each. Cash or Check made out to Pacific School Foundation.
Art and Wine Fundraiser – Typically in February
- We won’t be hosting an Art and Wine fundraiser this year.
- Local artists and more donate art towards supporting the school. A lovely event for parents to have a night out and support the school. Childcare is available for a small fee at the school. https://www.pacificschoolfoundation.org/online-art-auction-for-pacific-school-foundation/
Readathon – Mar. 7th to Mar. 28th
- The Readathon from March 7th to 28th, students or their parents will read books each day and keep track of the number of books! Ask for pledges of family and friends to support the students reading and donate to support the school library. More info. here: Readathon Info.
- Keep track of your books read with your Readathon Pledge sheet
Chipotle Fundraiser – was Sunday April 24, 2022 from 4pm to 8pm. Pool Party scheduled from 3pm to 6pm.
- Chipotle Fundraiser: 30% of order will go towards the school. Show flyer in restaurant or us code KYVDK97 online from 4pm to 8pm. Pool Party nearby from 3pm to 6pm at Adventure Sports. Please sign up ahead of time for pool.
Grandparents and Special Friends in the Lifelab Garden in May
Grandparents and special friends are invited to join their students in the LifeLab for Tea and cookies courtesy of the FoodLab. Garden activities and treats from FoodLab. Ask your student’s teacher for more details. This fundraiser is for the LifeLab program which is fully funded by donations.
Bingo Night and Raffle – Held in May
- Leading up to this FAMILY fun outdoor event, Raffle tickets will be for sale in the office. Prizes including a grand prize of a $5,200 ev4 bike, a one night stay at the Dream Inn and more! Raffle winners do not be at the event, but they do have to pick up the prize in Davenport!
- Pizza and Pie for $5 per slice. Donated to the foundation from Uncie Ro’s Pizza and Companion Bakery. $1 Bingo card to participate and win one of our 40 Bingo Prizes!
- The raffle drawing is at the event at 7:30pm! You do not need to be present to win!
- Silent Auction of a few donations. 2 surfboards, 2 wetsuits, voice lessons, and a beautiful watercolor painting.
Get involved: Come to our next PSF Meeting
For the 2021-2022 school year, we are meeting online via zoom. The next Meeting is on Tuesday March 8th at 5:30pm. Zoom link:
If you’d like email reminders on the next meeting please join our google group. https://pacificesd.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d2d22175d44e7109e01df3053&id=9045aa60b9&e=cdf65639ef
PSF Meeting Dates for 2021-2022
- August 10 at 5:30pm
- September 14th at 5:30pm
- October 12 at 5:30pm
- November 9 at 5:30pm
- December 14 at 5:30pm
- January 11 at 5:30pm
- February 8 at 5:30pm
- March 8 at 5:30pm
- April 12 at 5:30pm
- May 10 at 5:30pm
Donate to support PSF
Tax deductible donations will be billed as PS: The Foundation for our Future
To directly support families that were affected by the CZU fires, please visit our CZU fire support page.